Welcome to justthoughtsnstuff

I started posting to jtns on 20 February 2010 with just one word, 'Mosaic'. This seemed an appropriate introduction to a blog that would juxtapose fragments of memoir and life-writing. Since 1996, I'd been coming to terms with the consequences of emotional and economic abuse that had begun in childhood, and which, amongst other things, had sought to stifle self-expression. While I'd explored some aspects of my life through fiction and, to a lesser extent, journalism, it was only in 2010 that I felt confident enough to write openly about myself. I believed this was an important part of the healing process. Yet within weeks, the final scenes of my family's fifty-year nightmare started to play themselves out and the purpose of the blog became one of survival through writing. Although some posts are about my family's suffering - most explicitly, Life-Writing Talk, with Reference to Trust: A family story - the majority are about happier subjects (including, Bampton in rural west Oxfordshire, where I live, Oxford, where I work, the seasons and the countryside, walking and cycling) and I hope that these, together with their accompanying photos, are enjoyable and positive. Note: In February 2020, on jtns' tenth birthday, I stopped posting to this blog. It is now a contained work of life-writing about ten years of my life. Frank, 21 February 2020.

New blog: morethoughtsnstuff.com.

Saturday 25 August 2012

autumnal, min-till, mad, furniture saga, jtns pics on google+, new lights



















The land looks autumnal in many places now. Fields have been harvested, ploughed or min-tilled and sown.

The sky was dark and brooding when I started my bike ride but when I was returning along Calcroft Lane, the sun broke through.

A mad week at work, finishing off things so I can take some leave.

Meanwhile, the furniture saga I mentioned last year, is only just reaching its grim conclusion after legal issues were resolved--these were nothing to do with me. (The post I've linked to btw was rewritten at the start of the year, after dad died.)

Oh, and if you'd like to see the complete collection of justthoughtsnstuff.com photos, they're all on Google+.

New lights to explore before my next post.

Post edited 17.09.12.

No comments:

Post a Comment